Made from space-age material, the Spectra backpack will last longer than any other pack we offer. Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWP) - also known as Dyneema, Spectra or Cuben fiber, looks fantastic, has incredible abrasion resistance, and ages gracefully. We got this fabric as a spare roll from the manufacturer who specializes in military applications, but it wasn't quite perfect for bag making. Thanks to their friends at Cilogear, a Kevlar® Xpac backing was applied - making it the ultimate composite material.
The lightweight Drop Liner pack is perfect for travel, cycling, day hikes or the daily grind. With a seam-sealed interior liner, you can rest assured your items inside will stay dry.
Each pack is unique: choose your colors from the list of available recycled materials to individualise your pack.
The moisture-wicking lumbar pad rests easy on your back, ensuring comfort when carrying a load. The comfortable straps keep the pack close, while strap keepers ensure no webbing flaps at higher speeds. All packs come with a webbing hip strap for additional stability; an optional padded, matching hip belt is easily attached into place for extra comfort and weight distribution.
The Drop Liner is also versatile: By tucking in the shoulder straps under the lumbar pad, your pack is now converted to ‘carry on mode,’ in which no loose straps are left hanging. By using Cilogear’s Dee-Clip strap system, you can easily compress the load in your pack, or attach extra gear that won’t fit inside; each pack comes with two Dee-Clip straps.
- Seam-sealed interior liner
- Two exterior water-resistant zippered pockets, lid pocket with swivel key clip
- Two interior zippered pockets
Highly-visible reflective tape along bottom, sides, and bottom of straps
- Thin lumbar pad adds comfort, allows for addition of hip belt, conversion to ‘carry on mode’
- Adjustable sternum strap (buckle doubles as a whistle)
Cilogear’s unobtrusive Dee-Clip compression system makes it easy to attach larger items, or compress your pack
- ¾” webbing loop inside for hydration bladders/Camelbaks (outside of drop liner)
- 1 ½” metal Dee-Ring on end main closure buckle strap makes tightening easier
- Strap keepers on all webbing keeps straps from flapping at higher speeds (bicycles and motorcycles)
- Approximate empty weight (for a Medium) is 955g (2.1 lbs) - Weights vary depending on fabric used
- Two Dee-Clip straps and webbing hip belt included