Commissioned Sales Associate (for MadeHere Home Location)
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
General Position Summary
Provide sales assistance and guidance for customers/guests within store. Execute tasks related to sales, custom ordering, merchandising, marketing, design, buying and operational functions as needed. Assist in maintaining a high-level of store standards.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
Ensure the following during all shifts:
- Customers are greeted upon entering store
- Ask and be prepared to answer any questions customers may have related to store’s product assortment
- Participation in store opening and closing duties, per schedule
- Fixtures are well-stocked with product
- All product is displayed on selling floor
- Product displays are neat, clean and organized
- Overall store is clean and presentable
- Arrive on-time for all scheduled shifts
- Check-in with management for any pertinent information
- Limit breaks as per schedule/policy
- Back stockroom area is well-maintained
- Keep customers well informed about orders and any status changes, this will involve regular communication with the Assistant Operations Manager and respective vendors.
- Communicate vendor warranties and maintenance where applicable
- Maintain an awareness of all available resources for training and development, and actively participate in self-development/growth through company resources.
- Facilitate 3rd party outreach to industry-related firms for design consulting, events, and networking opportunities.
Assist management with various tasks as needed, including:
- Product assortment feedback for buying purposes
- Reporting of theft or any activity related to dangerous conditions within the store, or issues that may prevent sales
- Idea sharing
- Store/product performance feedback
Regular participation in staff meetings and product training events.
Maintain positive open lines of communication with all MadeHere PDX management, staff, vendors, subcontractors and others in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information, ongoing development of business relationships and efficient operation of the organization.
Work with team to investigate and uncover new products, potentially outside the normal scope, that present the opportunity to be appropriately marketed within MadeHere PDX.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job consists of recurring work situations with occasional variations. Job involves a moderate level of complexity. Position demands a moderate level of creativity. Candidate is an individual and team contributor, responsible for following established practices and procedures. Duties are sometimes performed independently with moderate supervision and in those cases work is checked or verified sometimes visually and/or by results. Decisions are made within established departmental guidelines. Position has high visibility due to directly impacting customer service. Errors in judgment or work performance could result in negative customer experiences. Consequently, errors in judgment directly affect sales, profitability and relationships with the general public.
Position involves no supervisory responsibility at this time.
Contacts are normally made with others both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts are unlimited and include general management, ownership, co-management and sales staff. External contacts may include customers, vendor partners, sales representatives and subcontractors. Interactions tend to focus on service, information exchange, problem solving, explanation, discussion and interpretations. Contacts and communication can contain confidential/sensitive information. Contacts generally occur via face-to-face interaction.
Specific Job Skills:
Possess basic knowledge of the following: Retail sales, interior design, fashion and merchandising. Ability to perform detailed tasks, which reflect a high degree of accuracy. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English. Ability to deal effectively with work and time pressure in the efficient and effective accomplishment of job requirements. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required. Mental ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with customers, vendors and other company personnel. Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent (College Degree preferred) specializing in marketing, sales, fashion, design and 3-5 years experience in the retail or wholesale mfg. industry, preferably in furniture/home furnishings sales, marketing, design or buying/merchandising roles.
Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak season or rush projects. Position does not involve travel.
To apply please read through the job description above and send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. Let us know which position you are applying for.